21 Apr What Requirements Are Needed To Concealed Carry in MA?
There are several different requirements that must be met in order to obtain your concealed carry license in the state of Massachusetts. Below, we will break down what each of these key components entails, as well as the courses we offer to help you get started.
Massachusetts Concealed Carry License Requirements
Below is a list of the requirements in the state of MA to obtain your LTC:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be a U.S. citizen/legal alien
- Be deemed fit to receive such a license, and have good reason to fear injury to one’s person or property, or for any other reason, including carrying firearms solely for target practice or sport purposes
- Complete a firearms training course
- No juvenile offender record or adjudication of delinquency
- No restraining order or protection order shall be issued, whether temporary or emergency
- No outstanding warrants
- No dishonorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States
- Must not be a fugitive from justice
- Meet federal law requirements
- Initial License & Renewal fee of $100
- Valid for 6 Years
Application Process for Massachusetts Concealed Carry License
Step 1: Take an approved basic firearms safety course.
Step 2: Download the application
Step 3: Contact your local firearms licensing office for its specific requirements.
First-time applicants are required to apply in person at their local police departments and will need to re-apply before the expiration date.
Step 4: You will be notified by your local licensing authority when your firearms license application has been processed.
This will occur either by telephone or by mail. You might need to pick up your firearms license in person.
Courses Offered at Tactical Dynamics to Get You Started
The best course you can take to prepare yourself for your LTC/FID is our MA Gun Safety Course. Our Massachusetts Firearms Safety course covers all that you need in order to get your Massachusetts license to carry in one easy class. This course will cover the following:
- Firearms Safety Rules
- Massachusetts Firearms License types
- The Application Process
- Transportation and Storage of Firearms in Massachusetts
- Ammunition Parts and Their Function
- Firearms Parts and Their Function
- Gun Cleaning
- Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
Once the classroom presentation is complete students will be able to fire live handguns at the club’s outdoor range.
Contact Us Today
If you would like to learn more about guns, aim practice, or anything in between, contact Tactical Dynamics today. We are more than happy to help prepare you for the future of your LTC/FID. To get started, give us a call at 855-276-5730 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.