LE ONLY – VCAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE – 8/15/22-8/18/22
August 15 @ 8:00 am - August 18 @ 5:00 pm$1,000.00
VCAT INSTRUCTOR 4 DAYS
The VCAT Instructor program is designed for current department instructors looking to enhance their training programs addressing vehicle-based ambushes and engagements in and around vehicles. This program is very in-depth and assists instructors in developing policy and sustainment training modules that will enhance officer safety, tactics, and decision making in and around vehicles.
The VCAT program addresses a rising trend in officer-involved shootings, specifically vehicle-based engagements. VCAT L1, L2, and UC provide students with the information, tactics, and use of cover to address ambushes, and close-range engagements in and around vehicles.
The VCAT Instructor program uses modern close quarters vehicle tactics based on a combination of collected data, statistics, and real-world experience to enhance officers’ knowledge, processing, and tactics in vehicle-based engagements and coordinated take downs. Students will learn the how and the why into each lab, drill, and scenario as well as the setup and breakdown. Students will be able develop a training plan that is specific to their department
- Ballistic Lab – The in-depth ballistic lab breaks down the anatomy of a vehicle, from widows, windshields to the physical structure, tests a wide range of calibers, identifies the weak and hard points of cover on vehicle, and allows the officers to visually identify and determine the most ballistically advantageous points on the vehicle
- Working and addressing threats from the interior of the vehicles with single and multiple officers. Addressing threats from the exterior of the vehicle in single and multiple officer drills.
- Improvised shooting positions (utilizing numerous positions and maximizing cover in short range engagements)
- Scenario lab- force on force/force on target based on actual incidents
- Vehicle Takedowns- Officers will work a variety of tactics and equipment utilizing multiple officers, multiple vehicles to conduct coordinated vehicle takedowns safely and efficiently
- Magazine pouch
- Minimum 3x mags per weapon system
- Range wear/good footwear (weather appropriate)
- Eye/Ear protection
- 1000 rounds pistol
- 500 rounds rifle
- UTM or Simmunition handgun or conversion kit
- 100 rounds of UTM or Simmunition